We will be holding the Annual General Meeting of Customer Union members before the November gathering.
This will be on-line only.
All customer union members are welcome.
How to join
This videocall starts at:
1.00pm Saturday 20 November 2021
It will be immediately followed (from 2pm) by the November gathering of members and supporters
We will use Zoom. This means you can join from a computer, smartphone or tablet - or you can dial in from an ordinary telephone.
Full details of how to join the meeting are here.
- Members Present and Apologies
- Minutes of the 2020 CUEB AGM
- Matters Arising from the Minutes
- The receipt of the accounts and balance sheet and of the reports of the Board
- Dis-applying the audit requirement in accordance with section 84 of the Act
- The election of the Board*
- Meeting ends
Following the formal business at 1.30 or thereabouts we plan to have an informal conversation with members about:
- plans for an increase of the annual membership fee from £12 to £15
- plans for a crowfunding campaign in early 2021
- thoughts around changing the name of the website
* “At every subsequent annual general meeting one-third of the Board of Directors, or if their number is not a multiple of three then the number nearest to one-third, shall retire from office. The Directors to retire shall be the Directors who have been longest in office since their last election. Where Directors have held office for the same amount of time the Directors to retire shall be decided by lot. A retiring Director shall be eligible for re-election”.
Minutes of the 2020 CUEB AGM
Accounts for the year ended March 2021
Would you like to join the Board of the Customer Union?
The Customer Union is managed by a board made up of members, who are elected once a year at our general meetings. The board helps to set our strategic direction. We currently have six board members, two of whom must stand down at this AGM but who may stand for re-election. Members may choose to increase the number of people on the board to allow new people to help steer the customer union.
Anyone who is a member of the Customer Union can put themselves forward to join our board – no previous experience is needed, and we can provide training on your responsibilities as a board member. The main things we think are important are enthusiasm and ideas.
Being on the board will not involve a huge investment of your time - board members meet four times a year, remotely via Zoom calls, for meetings that typically last an hour. We encourage any interested members to apply, and we particularly encourage women and people of black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds to apply, as these groups are under-represented on our board and on boards of directors more widely.
If you would like to join the board, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible please register to attend the AGM so that you can introduce yourself to members present. And if you are thinking of applying but are not sure or would like to ask questions, feel free to get in touch at email@example.com